What steps can a parent take if there is a disagreement with a child's IEP?

Posted by:

Sometimes a parent will disagree with the TEAM’s recommendations on a child's evaluation,
eligibility, placement or educational program. If that happens, the parent may ask for
additional meetings with the TEAM, mediation, and/or impartial hearings to resolve the
disagreements. If a parent requests mediation, the school district must make it available. If
the parent decides not to use mediation, this cannot deny or delay the right to an impartial