The Ashland Public Schools Nutrition Department is very excited to announce the USDA has extended a waiver that allows schools to serve free breakfast and lunch to ALL students for the entire 2021-2022 school year! This news means that our department will be able to provide all students with nutritious and nourishing food for free that will support them, both in school and at home.
What this means for your family and for Ashland Nutrition Services:
- All students can receive a healthy breakfast and lunch every school day, at no cost to you. USDA is funding this program so every child can have one breakfast and one lunch each school day these meals are served, free of charge.
- When students arrive at school they should go directly to the cafeteria to get breakfast. This is the most important meal of the day!
- No pre-ordering is needed! Just come down to the cafeteria and EAT RIGHT HERE at school.
- This program allows Ashland Nutrition Services to provide the most nourishing and appetizing meals possible for your children. When your children eat school meals, it helps Ashland Nutrition Services by providing us with federal funds. The more meals we serve, the more funding we receive, allowing us to focus on quality and variety. If your children have never before participated in school meals, consider trying the program this year!
- It helps you save time and money. By allowing us to prepare meals for your children you don’t have to plan and shop for your children’s breakfast and lunch each school day.
Even though the USDA has extended free meals for all students for the entire school year, families should still submit a household application to determine eligibility for free and reduced-price school meals if they have not received a letter from us stating that they have been directly certified for benefits. This will allow students to qualify for any additional benefits. Visit the Free and Reduced webpage to download the application.
Please reach out with any questions you might have. Your children are the reason we do our jobs and we are here to make sure that they are fueled with good food!